Modern Amusement ‘Modern Grab’ Rules
Modern Amusement ‘Modern Grab’ Giveaway
Modern Amusement ‘Modern Grab’ Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is subject to these Official Rules except as expressly stated otherwise. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not increase your chances of winning. The Giveaway is sponsored by Iconix Brand Group, Inc., 1450 Broadway, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10018 (the “Sponsor”).
2. Giveaway Period: Giveaway begins at 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on Wednesday January, 8 ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PT Thursday January 9, 2013 (the “Giveaway Period”). During the Giveaway Period, Sponsor will conduct one (1) drawing (“Drawing”) of all qualified entries received during the giveaway period.
3. Entries for the Drawing must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT Thursday January 9, 2014 the Giveaway end date according to Sponsor’s time.
4. How to Enter the Giveaway: You follow Modern Amusement on Twitter @ModernAmusement. RT the giveaway image posted with #ModernGrab.
Online entries must be received no later than 11:59:59 p.m. PT Thursday, January 9, 2014, according to the computer time on Sponsor’s server. Entrants must provide a valid email address. Incomplete, garbled, corrupted or illegible entries are void and will not be accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, delayed, destroyed, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, mutilated, or postage due mail. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Persons discovered entering under several names will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify false entries or entries suspected of being false. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Selected Giveaway Entrant, the Selected Entrant will be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the e-mail address was opened.
5. Odds. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Prize: One (1) entrant will be selected to win Modern Amusement package which may include a tee, Modern Amusement folders, Modern Amusement notebooks, crow pins, guitar picks, crow press on for tee shirts, or laptop case.
7. Winner Selection and Notification of Selected Entrant: on or about 11:59:59 p.m. PT Friday January 10, 2014 one (1) entrant will be selected at random by a representative of Sponsor from among all eligible entries received by the respective Drawing Date (“Selected Entrants”).
The Selected Entrants will be notified by phone, email and/or mail in Sponsor’s discretion. Selected Entrants will be required to respond (as directed) within two (2) days of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the prize and, in such case, sponsor may randomly select alternate selected entrants from among the remaining eligible entries. Selected entrants may also be sent an affidavit of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Unless restricted by law, Selected Entrants will be required to complete and return the Release within fifteen (15) days from the date of notification. Alternate Selected Entrants may be randomly selected from among the remaining eligible entries if Selected Entrants: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fail to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason. Selected Entrants will receive the Prize by mail within approximately thirty (30) days of the date on which the Sponsor receives the completed, signed Release from the Selected Entrants (exact timing subject to change based upon availability of Prize). In the event of a dispute about the identity of an Entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry.
8. Publicity: By participating in the Giveaway, any Entrant in the Giveaway, irrevocably grants the Sponsor and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Entrant’s, name, and the submitted photograph, the Entrant’s biographical information in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, commercial, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Giveaway or other promotions, and hereby release the Sponsor from any liability with respect thereto, unless prohibited by law.
9. General Conditions: By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Giveaway or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Giveaway may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in our opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. You may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Unclaimed Prizes will not be awarded. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Giveaway will be the sole responsibility of Selected Entrant. Entrants may be issued an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of any awarded prize. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM PARTICIPATION IN THE GIVEAWAY. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY FEES) TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
10. Limitations of Liability: If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, the Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the same Giveaway during the Giveaway Period. Selected Entrants also agree to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any claims, damages, disability, attorneys’ fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (i) use, redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, or misuse of any prize, (ii) participation in any activity, event, or excursion offered in connection with the prize, (iii) use of any facility, service and/or accommodation related to the prize, or (iv) participation in any Giveaway -related activity or participation in this Giveaway. The Releases shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, misdirected, incomplete unreadable, inaccurate, garbled or unintelligible entries, communications or affidavits, regardless of the method of transmission; (ii) telephone system, telephone or computer hardware, software or other technical malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (iii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iv) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (v) any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in any materials associated with the Giveaway. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Releases are not responsible for computer malfunctions, network connections, email delivery problems, systems failure or incompatibility, typographical, technical or key-stroke errors, or interruptions in your internet service, and for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged or stolen notifications. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Giveaway as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Giveaway. If the Giveaway is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winners from all eligible, non-suspect Submissions received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
11. Disputes: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Giveaway will be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to conduct a search will be deemed to be the entrant. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Giveaway Results: For Sweepstakes results and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Modern Amusement Modern Grab Giveaway” 1450 Broadway, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10018. Requests must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PT March 1, 2014.